Monday, January 24, 2022

How Should We React to Issues Today?


Sometimes I miss the times in my childhood, especially when national issues were not as critical and numerous as they are today. Back then, crises showed up one or two at a time and not so life threatening. Today, we're faced with several problems simultaneously, all significant, urgent and consequential--Covid, China and WPS, corruption, inflation, unemployment and drugs, to name a few. And all we can often do is just wait for the impact and react.

Photo by David Hunter on Unsplash.

Some folks say we have to react and voice out protest because silence means tacitly siding with the crooks. Well, as Prof Pek says, that's what they think. Their opinion. Others' opinions are just as good. Different people have different ideas and ways of reacting and they all mostly count. If they want to react and voice their opinions, well and good. If not, it's probably even better.

Being Quiet is Good, Too

If you opt to keep quiet, it's an equally good option. I (Jaden Mero, together with brothers Roy and Gerry--sometimes Boy and Lewy go with us)--used to be a student activist and a journalist airing my activism in news feature articles I wrote about, but later changed mind when I learned more about the realities in life. I'd narrow them down to this--no matter how I fought for what was right, I still lacked money. But the activist "leaders" stayed rich or even got richer (probably except Ka Crispin Beltran). 

That was what my veteran-journalist dad had been warning me all along, but I chose to pay a deaf ear. He let me march in the streets among faceless crowds of protesters and face the police and military because he probably thought experience would be my best teacher. And he was right. I later figured out how all this was going nowhere. Even silly. After the smoke cleared, we were still struggling to make money while our "leaders" continued with their good lives. 

Dad's quiet wisdom as a veteran journalist finally made sense to me.


I still keep abreast with news developments here and abroad but I keep most things to myself and GOD. He alone has the solutions--that's the whole truth--and if we all just listen to him and obey--I mean, really take him seriously--we'd all have more than enough money for daily needs and wants. Without Him, nothing meaningful can happen, anyway. So why react or voice out my opinion? Why get angry on issues? Why go out and march?

Model It

Does keeping quiet on issues then mean siding with the crooks? Not really. The most effective way to fight wrong is to share what is right. And you can do this quietly. I believe the quieter you do it, the more effective "noise" you make. First, model what is right through your life and relationships. That's how action speaks louder than words. A lot of "righteous" noise makers become hard-to-reach, snobbish superstars that put up security walls around them. And because of overstress they become bad-tempered.

I understand the need for limits and boundaries (even Jesus had them), but acting snobbish superstars? Like traditional politicians who would not meet casually with ordinary folks but require them to go through channels for appointments. Unfortunately you see this even with big-time church ministers or preachers. They have this superstar aura.


Never Expect Help

Government is good and so are public servants. But expect help from them? Sometimes they may prove helpful, and I appreciate them for it, but mostly not. But it doesn't bother me anymore. Sometimes I react and protest, but mostly just keep quiet, knowing how "superstars" think about other people. It saves me time and energy and keeps me cool, relaxed and peaceful--something I wish my wife would also master.

Instead, I learned to look out for myself. I found that mostly you can't expect much help except from God and yourself. And God expects us to use what he makes available to us, like big opportunities. We should learn how to have a trained and accurate eye for them. God provides supernaturally and also materially, like his manna in the desert in Moses' time. It was supernatural and yet it was material--manna was something you cooked and made into loaves. Something you could touch and literally eat.

Grab Financial Opportunities

When God made cyberspace accessible to humans (he had created it a long time ago) he also opened up a lot of big possibilities and opportunities to us, especially online livelihoods and investments. And it seems so timely that the peak of online profitability coincided with the Covid pandemic and lockdowns, so that perceptive people with foresight ventured into online businesses and made huge profits, while the rest lost their jobs or went bankrupt--and complained.

Instead of ending up always a casualty during crisis and inflation and catastrophes, and instead of getting angry at this and protesting and marching in the streets and whatnot, smart folks quietly tried to make money online and succeeded. A lot even turned millionaires. 

Those who tell us to go out and protest and make our voice heard will never put food on our tables. An online business will. If you chance on an online business or investment that works, you won't have to be so affected by negative events like inflation or a weakened economy anymore, especially if your online activity has worldwide reach. 

Like how Forex or Cryptocurrency, for instance, is not locked in the dire developments of any one country or affected by the meddling greed or politicking of the unscrupulous, especially kept safe in blockchain technology. You can always grow your money by buying from a losing currency and then selling when it gains in value. But it's risky. I warn you, it's risky. But very profitable. 

Yeah, there are lots of risks and scams with online businesses and investments, but just helplessly watching yourself as a casualty in the ups and downs of the economy (mostly down) is a bigger risk. You just wait what happens to you and hope some help would come. Or depend on your fixed salary or pension pay. That is a bigger risk to take from which you cannot hope for any ROI someday.

You want to watch a free video on a risky but profitable online currency investment? Click here.


MGA TAUHAN: Ako (si Jaden Mero, and me-akda ng Kwentong Otcho), si Prof Pekwa, Pareng Babes, Mr. Bean, Badong, Sabas, Roy and Gerry (mag-utol), Sir Tony (teacher), Totoy Golem, Dagul, Derek, Gerald d Dyaryo-Bote, Victor the taho vendor, Sikyong Pedro, si Lewy (o Lowie), si Boy at si Bisoy. O nga pala, si Boy at Bisoy ay mga bagong members ng Otcho Boys---although si Boy ay matagal na sa Otcho. Yun nga lang, matagal ding nawala dahil umuwi sa Butuan. Pero bumalik na siya. Si Bisoy (Bisayang Baboy ang tukso sa kanya kasi mataba siya) ay nangungupahan naman sa likod-bahay nila Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stories about Project 8 in QC, lalo na sa Bahay Toro kung saan naroon ang Ocho Boys, malapit sa isang tricycle-lan, grocery at karenderia. Hanapin nyo minsan nang makaridinig kayo ng katatawanan. Tawa ka rin kasi minsan, pag me time!